Thursday, February 8, 2007

From the "short timer"

You can't "get rid" of me that easy...

I have not forgotten about the blog - although it did slip through my mental list of things to do. I have been working on Jeff City, and am proud to say that (with good weather) I can make it down there (or back) in 4 hours and 30 minutes!!! (Rose you were right!) The other supervisors are truely amazed at my skill!

Store is taking shape more and more each day - will be one week out on Tuesday (02.13). Different culture in Jeff City - people move at their own pace, and don't seem to worry about much. That is until the Trainer posts a two page list of things to do prior to opening. I received some jaw drops with that one. It seems that even though I explained multiple times that there is much to do - having a piece of paper stating it was louder than my voice. Register training is going well - store's trainers are all very good. Conducted a W.C.S.T. Mod 7 this week, and found it interesting that the new employees were a little challenged by the ROCS questions. But are VERY excited about the store - and thankful for the program and can state the Motto, Mission, Vision, 14 Fundamentals, and Awesome Service Definition BY HEART. Will do another on Wednesday - to a large group of new part-time employees.

Rose and I conducted 6 face-to-face interviews today (02.08). Cindy/Denise/Rose conducted a few phone interviews prior to selecting the top 10. The remaining 4 interviews are scheduled for tomorrow (02.09). Fairness to everyone, that is all I will say about that.

Hope all are having a good week.

No comments: