Thursday, January 11, 2007

Wine & Spirits Training

Don't be too critical of my first post, being a new blogger and all. I have been brainstorming on wine and spirits training. Please give me your thoughts and opinions.

I met with Julie this morning as support was planning on simply loading a file and having each store build their item file again from scratch. I expressed my desire to see the item file converted. It comes down to who is going to spend the time, the store or support. Does it save the store enough time to warrant converting by support? We are going to time one and see how long it takes but I wanted to hear every one's thoughts too.

In working on my schedule, I envision meeting with the store cashier trainer and covering some differences then having them perform training for the wine & spirits employees at the main store. Good idea or bad? Problems you can for see?

If we convert the file, should it be done early, to allow the store time to get use to doing regular maintenance on the file, or should it be later in the process? Keep in mind whenever we convert they will now have to maintain two systems.

If they have Storeline at the main store, can they cover online week?

I have more rolling in my head but thought I would keep my first post short. Look forward to hearing everyone's ideas. Thanks all-

4 comments:

Bryan said...

I look forward to discussing these issue as we move forward. I think I have some perspectives from Spencer that will help guide us, also.

Sarah said...

As far as the training goes; I think the store should be able to handle the majority of the training. Maybe we could go down on the actual online day, just to ensure everything goes okay? What about the server part of the training?

Just wanted to add my little bit of an opinion. Hopefully this helps a little!! :)

Carey said...

As far as the item file is concerned, I think that it should be converted. With the other Non-RBX stores we converted last year, this seemed to work well. I cannot imagine having to add to file the entire W/S store. The fuel station is one thing, but think about the number of SKUs that are in the W/S store - do we really want to force the store to increase their labor in that way - when we have an easier way that has worked in the past? Interested in hearing everyone's thoughts/ideas.

Rose Mitchell said...

Reading the comments it appears that we do not think building from scratch is a responsible idea for
W $ S stores. Cindy are you the point for this? Please keep me informed if this takes a contrary path.
Thanks,
Rose